Friday 18 January 2013

18. Apocalypse

The Four Horsemen
The phone rings loudly.
CONQUEST
Hello?
WAR
Hey Conquest, how’s it going buddy?
CONQUEST
I’m just chilling man, just smoking some bud and watchin’ the game
WAR
Good game eh!
CONQUEST
Yeah sure is, anyway, just a quick call dude, I just want to check you’re still on for next Friday?
WAR
Friday…… Friday.. er.. remind me again what we had planned?
CONQUEST
The Apocalypse! We’ve had this pencilled in for bloody ages mate, seriously! I’m sick of this..
WAR
Oh sorry man, I’ve been busy you know recently and Sheila’s had the flu. Also, I had to take Rover to the vet again and-
CONQUEST
Look mate – I’m not being funny, but sometimes I think it’s only me that takes this global destruction shit seriously!
WAR
Oh come on mate, we’re all busy..
 CONQUEST
Busy? You’re always stoned mate. When was the last time you created a world war? I mean come on, seriously..
WAR
It takes time man, give me a break…
CONQUEST
I’m so pissed off. I even got the Mayans to put the 21st in their diary to advertise it, it’s not cheap to advertise for 2000 years you know! At this rate it’s not gonna happen – again!
WAR
I’ll be there mate. Have you spoken to Famine and Death? Oh hold on, I think Death’s taking Sue to Goa for Christmas, he fancied a change of scene this year.
CONQUEST
Forget it then. Bunch of twats… They say you should never work with your mates.

4 comments:

  1. This made me laugh - excellent! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, Thanks for leaving a comment, I'm glad you like it :) I hope you are enjoying the challenge. You are a great writer.

      Delete
    2. Thank you. I love the interplay between your characters. I start my screenplay module next month and I can't wait. :-)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete